The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Young Members Group (YMG) ADR World Tour: Arbitration and Mediation as a Global Force for Good
Historically, during times of social, political and economic unrest, agility, disruption and reinvention, are often led by a new generation, capable of shaking up the status quo and finding new ways of conducting “old” business. Look no further than the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and affinity young practitioner “rockstars” who devote their time, skills, conscience, and efforts to instill arbitration and mediation as a global force for good.
The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Young Members Group (YMG) presents an international regional series of webinars and in-person conferences which highlight the unique importance and efficiency ADR plays in allowing the world’s economy to remain operative during times of great economic uncertainty. Perhaps no greater time of economic uncertainty has existed than today. Drawing from their intellectual wealth, toolkits and vast networks, the next generation of ADR practitioners have framed a global crisis into an opportunity.
Focused on the unique importance and efficiency of ADR during a time when entire nations’ judiciaries have been crippled, this group of ADR rockstars have produced eleven international regional conferences in Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, The Caribbean and Central America, China and Scandinavia, Europe, India, The Middle East and Turkey, North America, CIS and Eastern Europe and South America for an ADR world tour entitled, “Arbitration and Mediation As A Global Force For Good.”
Specific topics focus on the following areas:
- ADR and access to justice
- ADR as a means to strengthen the rule of law
- ADR as an efficient alternative to traditional litigation
The schedule of webinars is as follows (week commencing):
- Week 1: 19 January 2021 – ASIA – Kirsten Teo MCIArb, David Chung ACIArb and Ishaan Madaan
- Week 2: 26 January 2021 – THE CARIBBEAN & CENTRAL AMERICA – Sophia Villalta and Orlando Cabrera FCIArb
- Week 3: 4 February 2021 – SOUTH AMERICA – Soledad Diaz, Orlando Cabrera FCIArb, Ana Gerdau de Borja Mercereau FCIArb
- Week 4: 8 February 2021 – AFRICA – Madeline Kimei MCIArb and Dr. Sylvie Bebohi Ebongo
- Week 5: 15 February 2021 – EUROPE – Georgios Fasfalis ACIArb and Ana Gerdau de Borja Mercereau FCIArb
- Week 6: 23 -24 February 2021 – INDIA – Ishaan Madaan and Jaya Sharma FCIArb
- Week 7: 1 March 2021 – CHINA AND SCANDINAVIA – Kirsten Teo MCIArb and David Chung ACIArb
- Week 8: 8 March 2021 – MIDDLE EAST AND TURKEY – Sara Aranjo
- Week 9: 15 March 2021 – CIS AND EASTERN EUROPE – Nata Ghibradze and Dr. Anna Kozmenko, LL.M.
- Week 10: 21 March 2021 – AUSTRALIA – Julia Dreosti
- Week 11: 28 March 2021 – NORTH AMERICA – Bryan J. Branon ACIArb, Harout Samra FCIArb, Imad Khan ACIArb, Ross Kartez
Book now: ciarb.org/events/ciarb-ymg-world-tour/